No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Ceftin is a cephalosporin antibiotic used in therapy of infectious diseases of sinus, skin, lung, urinary tract, ear, and throat.
Ceftin is a cephalosporin antibiotic which used for treating bacterial infections (sinus, skin, lung, urinary tract, ear, and throat) or also it may be used to treat Lyme disease and gonorrhea. It work by killing bacteria or preventing their growth.
Dosage and direction
Usual dosage for adults is from 250mg twice daily to 500 mg twice daily.
Usual dosage for children is10mg to 15mg per kg of body weight twice daily.
Taking this medication with food helps be better absorbed into the bloodstream. Also do not forget that
Ceftin is not a medication for treating viral infection such as the common cold or flu.
Note: this instruction presented here just for review. It’s very necessary to consult with your doctor before using. It help you to get best results.
This medicine can interfere with some urine glucose tests. If you use such tests, talk with your doctor.
Avoid sexual contact while you taking this medication and note that your partner may also need treatment. If you experience such side effect as diarrhea do not treat it with over the counter products. Consult with your doctor if you have diarrhea that lasts more than 2 days or if it is severe and watery.
Ceftin is contraindicated in patients with known allergy to the cephalosporin group of antibiotics also include people with allergy to penicillins, renal failure or lactation.
Possible side effect
They may include an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Also the most possible side effects include:
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- chest pain, fast or pounding heartbeats;
- unusual bleeding;
- blood in your urine;
- seizure (convulsions);
- pale or yellowed skin, dark colored urine, fever, confusion or weakness;
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;
- skin rash, bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness;
- increased thirst, loss of appetite, swelling, weight gain, feeling short of breath;
- painful or difficult urination, urinating less than usual or not at all.
- Less serious include:
- nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, mild diarrhea, gas, upset stomach;
- cough, stuffy nose;
- stiff or tight muscles, muscle pain;
- joint pain or swelling;
- headache, drowsiness;
- feeling restless, irritable, or hyperactive;
- white patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips;
- unusual or unpleasant taste in your mouth;
- diaper rash in an infant taking liquid Ceftin;
- mild itching or skin rash;
- vaginal itching or discharge.
If you experience one of them stop using Ceftin and tell your doctor as soon as possible. Also consult with your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual.
Cefrtin interact with the following group of drugs:
- probenecid (Benemid);
- a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin);
- a medication that reduces stomach acid, such as an antacid, or cimetidine (Tagamet), famotidine (Pepcid), omeprazole (Prilosec), ranitidine (Zantac), and others; or
- a diuretic (water pill) such as bumetanide (Bumex), furosemide (Lasix), indapamide (Lozol), hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ, HydroDiuril, Hyzaar, Lopressor, Vasoretic, Zestoretic), metolazone (Mykrox, Zarxolyn), spironolactone (Aldactazide, Aldactone), torsemide (Demadex), and others.
Also note that interaction between two medications does not always mean that you must stop taking one of them. As usual it affects the the effect of drugs, so consult with your doctor about how it interactions are being managed or should be managed.
If you forgot to take your dose in time, please do it as soon as you remember. But do not take if it is too late or almost time for your next dose. Do not take double or extra doses. Take your usually dose next day in the same regularly time.
Symptoms of overdose include seizure (black-out or convulsions),nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps. If you experience one of them call your doctor immediately.
Store at room temperature between 59-77 degrees F (15-25 degrees C) away from light and moisture, kids and pets. Do not use after expiration term.
We provide only general information about medications which does not cover all directions, possible drug integrations, or precautions. Information at the site cannot be used for self-treatment and self-diagnosis. Any specific instructions for a particular patient should be agreed with your health care adviser or doctor in charge of the case. We disclaim reliability of this information and mistakes it could contain. We are not responsible for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage as a result of any use of the information on this site and also for consequences of self-treatment.
125mg, 250mg, 500mg
10 pills, 30 pills, 60 pills, 90 pills, 12 pills, 32 pills, 92 pills, 24 pills